Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Happy First POOP DAY!

Chase turned 1 on Sunday and celebrated by eating POOP!
He has an obsession with the toilet. We try to be vigilant, but We had a disaster. I was making his birthday dinner and Nate and his dad were resting in the living room where Chase was playing with his new soft Tonka truck. A few minutes later Chase crawled into the kitchen where I was making bread sticks. He smelled terrible! I thought I would set him on Nate so he would sniff the messy diaper and change him. Nate took Chase up to his bedroom for a change and came down with a horribly disgusted look on his face. How I didn't notice the poop around the baby's mouth I don't know, but Chase did not have a messy diaper just stinky hands and mouth. When we went into the bathroom to investigate their was poo smeared every where! Bry Bry went potty and apparently didn't flush or close the seat. I spent dinner bathing Chase and bleaching down the bathroom while Nate entertained his parents. Nobody had a hearty appetite. Chase did make it out of the tub in time to eat his cup cake which I hope tasted better. My dad claims were are starving the poor kid. On Monday I told the pediatrician at his 1 year check up. Chase should survive the incident.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Rod and Jess said...

Leesa,
I am so glad you wrote this down! I haven't stopped laughing since you told me about it on Monday! Some day he will crack up about that story too - unless his brothers use it as blackmail! That baby is so cute, I could just kiss him! (Well - on the top of the head anyway! I'm not sure poop is good for my diet plan!) Happy first birthday Chase! We love you!

Acupuncture Healthcare said...

Leesa,
I am still laughing!!! Jason's daughter didn't understand the concept of toilet paper when she was potty training and ended up wiping the bathroom walls down with her sticky smelly fingers. Jason said it was all he could do not to throw-up as he was washing down the walls. Though Chase's story bets, hands down.
Love to you and the family!
Sarah

East Meets West said...

We are so happy to see your family's blog - what a hilarious story for us to read. I can't wait to look at what else you have been up to! Your Christmas picture was beautiful. Hope the new year finds you all well.